Waning Moon Release Ritual: By Fire and Ash Banish At Last
The waning moon is the perfect time to release something negative or something that’s holding you back from achieving your full potential. It could be anything: a relationship, a bad habit, anxiety, or emotional baggage. Whatever is your kryptonite, if you’re ready to banish it from your life here’s our tried-and-true Waning Moon Release Ritual we call By Fire and Ash.
By Fire & Ash Release Ritual
First, I want to remind you it’s best to release, banish, bind, etc. on a Waning Moon. I know there’s a ton of information in Pinterest and circulating FaceBook that tells people to release on a Full Moon. BUT truly a Waning Moon is for diminishing things in our lives. The Full Moon is for manifesting. Keep that in mind.
What You’ll Need:
- Piece of paper and pen
- Chili powder, cayenne powder, or red chili flakes: any of these 3 ingredients serve as a powerful banishing agent
- Firepit OR fireplace
- Small sachet or bag
What to Do:
- Gather your materials.
- Start your fire (safely, of course).
- Clear your mind and focus solely on the thing or person you’re ready to release.
- Write it down on the piece of paper then fold the paper away from you 3, 7 or 9 times.
- Before throwing the paper in the fire, say “You no longer serve my greatest good, you hold me back from flying high. I banish your negativity from my life, By fire and ash I sever every tie.”
- Throw the paper into the fire and breathe deeply. Know that it has been released from your life. Feel the baggage lifted from you.
- Now take the chili powder/cayenne and throw it into the fire (be careful you don’t get this in anyone’s face OR touch your eyes after handling chili powder). This seals your intention and further banishes whatever you released.
- When the fire’s out completely and cooled, take a small bag of ash and throw it into moving water OR bury it in the West where the sun sets on it forever.