Fairy Potions: Magical Fay Elixirs for All 4 Seasons
Fairies aren’t just dainty little winged creatures that dance from flower-top to flower-top. They are are powerful spiritual beings that, with the right mindset and hard work, can aid you in your magical rituals and spells. Healing, dreaming, and intuition are gifted from the fay to the willing and pure-of-heart. In addition to calling on and using offerings to attract the fay, you can align yourself with fay energy by brewing and drinking fairy potions.
What is a fairy potion?
What is a fairy potion? A fairy potion is a cool or hot drink that’s intended to align oneself with fairy energy. Typically, fruits, herbs and honey are ingredients used in faery elixirs. This is because many fairies are attracted to certain fruits and herbs that grow in the garden. And honey is a natural sweetener and a product of honeybees (sacred to fairies). It’s about getting to know which ingredients have fairy folklore and energy attached.
A Winter Solstice Fairy Potion
This recipe is my take on mulled apple cider, perfect for the Winter Solstice and used to attract Winter fairies. But be warned! Not all winter fairies are kind. NO fairy is predictable! Learn how to protect yourself from malevolent fairies here.
Winter Solstice Fairy Potion Ingredients:
- One Cinnamon Stick
- 3 Cups All-Natural Apple Juice
- Allspice 1 tbsp
- 1 cup All-Natural Orange Juice
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 1/2 cup Brandy
- 1 tsp jasmine
Directions for the Winter fairy potion:
- Tie the loose allspice, jasmine, and cinnamon into a piece of cheesecloth or a coffee filter, and drop in a large
saucepan along with all the other ingredients (except for the brandy).
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer. Cover and let steep on simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Take out the spice bag, and stir in the brandy. Add a teaspoon of honey to each cup for sweetness. Drink with your coven immediately OR by yourself. FYI Makes enough for half a dozen witches.
Spring Fairy Potion
Spring is the season for flower fairies, pixies, and the like. If you’re heading into nature to search for the fay, drink this herbal tea first:
Spring Fairy Potion Ingredients:
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp elder flower
- 1/2 tsp chamomile
- 1/2 tsp rosebuds
- 1 tsp honey (for sweetening)
Spring Fairy Potion Directions:
- Steep all herbal ingredients in 8 ounces of hot water for 6 minutes.
- Remove herbs and add tsp of honey for sweetness.
- Pray over your cup of tea: “Fairies good and fairies sweet, bless this tea until we meet.”
A Midsummer Potion to Dance with Faeries
When Midsummer is upon us, the air is heavy and hot; the trees are in bloom. The fairies are dancing and frolicking…just waiting for chosen magical people to join. But as magical people and friends of the fairies, we know that to dance with them with no protection could mean our demise. Legend tells us of many who have gone to dance with the fairies at Midsummer and never return. If you are a strong individual and pure of heart, or if you are a fairy witch, you must spiritually cleanse and protect yourself FIRST before dancing with the fay.
Herbal Berry Smoothie: A Midsummer Fairy Potion Ingredients
- Fresh Local Produce – 1 cup berries (strawberries, blueberries, etc.)
- Organic Skim OR Almond Milk – 1 cup
- Banana – 1/2
- Dried Vervain – 1/4 tsp
- Dried Rosehips – 1/2 tsp
- Fresh Peppermint Leaves – 3
- Four Ice Cubes
- Add all ingredients (except for the peppermint) to a blender. Blend well until mixture is smooth.
- Pour blended fairy potion into a glass cup, add the three peppermint leaves to the top and gently stir into the smoothie.
- Enjoy before your Midsummer ritual and before taking to the fields to dance with the faeries.
Note: choose fresh locally grown berries or fruit. During the summer and in my area, we usually find blueberries or blackberries that are organic and locally grown. The fairies will be more attracted to someone who has consumed plants native to their homeland. The reason this fairy potion is chilled is to keep you hydrated before your romp with the fay. Trust me…you’ll need it.
A Samhain Fairy Potion
The last harvest festival and the end of the Summer is called Samhain (society calls it Halloween). The fairies are busy on Samhain, but be warned! Their disposition turns darker. Samhain is the day when the veil between the our world and the spirit world is thin. Drink this Samhain fairy potion for protection and also to increase psychic abilities. This is the perfect day to practice divination (tarot, runes, etc.) Be sure to cleanse your space and tools first, then cast a circle.
A Samhain Fairy Potion Ingredients:
- 1/2 tsp Mugwort (light sedative and produces prophetic dreams OR astral travel)
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1/2 tsp red hibiscus
- 1 tsp honey
- 8 ounces hot water
Samhain Potion Directions:
- Make this tea with a tea ball or a loose leaf tea infuser.
- Pour hot water over it and the honey, and enjoy!
- Don’t forget to ground, center, and shield yourself before drinking this fairy potion and before conversing with the fay ESPECIALLY on Samhain! Ground again after fairy work.
THIS WEBSITE IS NOT INTENDED FOR THE PURPOSE OF PROVIDING MEDICAL ADVICE. All information, content, and material of this website is for informational purposes only and are not intended to serve as a substitute for the consultation, diagnosis, and/or medical treatment of a qualified physician or healthcare provider. If you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.