Pathworking: Meeting Your Ancestor Meditation for Members Only
You’re struggling to connect with your ancestors. Have you tried pathworking to meet and talk to them? Pathworking is a clever, fancy name for guided meditation. Here I give you one of my ancestor guided meditations. You’ll just need to have someone read it to you, or record it to play for yourself. Pathworking is a great way to practice your meditation skills PLUS reach out to your ancestors on a more personal, experiential level. For Bella Donna Members Only.
A Guided Underworld Meditation: Conversation With An Ancestor
1. Start by finding a quiet place where you’ll be alone and undisturbed.
2. Close your eyes and slow your breathing.
3. Focus on the air moving in and out of your lungs. One breath at a time. (pause for 15-20 seconds)
4. Continue to breathe in this way until you’re fully relaxed. From head to toe. (pause for 15-30 seconds)
5. With your eyes still closed, you’ll begin to see a tree in the distance. Walk towards the tree. As you get closer and closer, you notice the tree is very large. It’s great limbs stretch into the heavens, and it’s roots jut out all around it and then penetrate into the earth. The trunk of the tree is glowing.
6. Slowly walk towards it. Don’t be afraid of it. (pause 15 seconds)
7. The light from the trunk grows brighter and brighter until it envelopes you completely.
8. You feel yourself being gently pulled down into the tree by the light. This feeling is comforting and warm. You give in to where the tree’s light wants to take you.
9. Down. Down. Gliding down the roots of the tree and through the earth your soul travels.
10. The earth breaks apart and you’re now standing in an open cave. Someone also enveloped in a bright, white light is walking towards you. You smile when you realize, it is one of your ancestors.
11. Your ancestor approaches you slowly and when his or her face comes into view, you notice he or she is smiling. His/her eyes are bright and full of love for you. (pause 15 seconds)
12. Speak with your ancestor for a few minutes or as long as it takes. Ask them their name and what message they have for you. What guidance they have for your life. Ask your ancestor to agree on a particular sign they will send you when you ask for one, sort of like a secret handshake. Also ask them how best you may honor them in your spiritual practice. (pause 2-5 minutes)
12. When the conversation is over, thank them and turn to go back up the tree’s roots.
13. The divine light from the tree pulls you up, up, up and back to middle earth. Your feet are planted firmly on the ground and you turn to leave the glowing tree behind you. (pause 15 seconds)
14. Walk home and back into your consciousness slowly (pause 2+ minutes)
15. When you’re ready, open your eyes and ground yourself in reality.
16. Eat a piece of bread and drink some water. Then record your experience.