Pet Spells: A Pet Protection Spell Jar & Spell to Get a Pet!
We love our furry friends. We would do anything for them. So why not use our magick to protect and care for our beloved cats, dogs, birds, horses, fish, rodents and reptiles? And everything else in between. Here’s a simple yet powerful pet protection spell jar to keep your pet safe OR a spell to get a pet if you’re looking for a new furry friend.
Pet Spells #1: SIMPLE Pet Protection Spell Jar
Sometimes our pets escape the house or our outside pets wander off. Sometimes we are nervous about aggressive or nosy neighbors’ eyes on our beloved furry friends. If you want a simple yet effective means of magically protecting your pet, try our pet protection spell jar. And obviously make sure your pet is protected physically too with a collar and tag, microchip (if you choose), fences, leashes, etc.
What You’ll Need:
- A glass jar with lid (you can use a recycled jar from the kitchen!)
- A pinch of your pet’s hair, or a feather, a lost tooth/nail, etc. (collect from your pet’s bed or pen)
- Tiger’s eye stone (a small piece or a chip works well)
- 3 herbs of your choice for protection; here are a few suggestions: rosemary, cloves, cinnamon, pepper, chili powder, salt, sage, star anise
- a photo or belonging of your pet (can be an old collar, old small toy, etc.)
- piece of paper and pen
How to Make the Pet Protection Spell Jar:
- Cleanse your jar by whatever means you prefer. See here for cleansing methods.
- On your piece of paper, write your intention. Something like this: “keep my pet healthy and safe from harm. Universe/gods/ancestors (or your divinity of choice) empower this protective charm.”
- Fold the paper towards you. Then put it in the jar.
- Add the other ingredients to the pet protection spell jar while visualizing your pet safe and healthy.
- Seal it with the lid.
- Hold it between your hands, visualize your pet safe and healthy again, and say your intentions out loud.
- Then say, “so be it.”
- Keep the pet protection spell jar somewhere safe in your house.
Pet Spells #2: A Spell to Get a Pet
If you’re looking for a new furry friend but aren’t sure how or where to find one, try our spell to get a pet.
What You’ll Need for this Pet Spell:
- White novena candle: they sell these cheap glass jar candles at the dollar store, grocery store, Walmart, etc.
- Sharpie or permanent marker
- A pinch of one herb or plant associated with the type of pet you want: for example, if you want a new cat – catnip. If you want a new dog, grass works well (ever seen a dog eat grass when he’s not feeling well?) Seeds for birds, hay for horses, etc.
- A chopstick or large needle
What To Do for this Spell to Get a Pet:
- Cleanse your supplies, especially your candle.
- Write your intention on your candle, from bottom to top. OR write the type of pet and draw symbols of your choice.
- Use your chopstick to gently poke 3 holes into the wax of the candle, at least 3 inches deep.
- Fill each hole with a pinch of herb. NOTE: if you’re using hay or large herb material, break it down into small pieces. The larger amount of herb you use the more likely it will catch fire in the candle. A small pinch is best to avoid this!
- Hold the candle between your hands and visualize what kind of pet you want. See it in your mind, feel it’s fur, hear it’s call, etc.
- Then light the candle and let it burn daily for 7 days or until it burns out (you can snuff out the flame each night and relight the following day).
Meaghan HellmersJanuary 12, 2022 at 3:54 pm
For the protection spell, does it need to be repeated after a certain length of time?
margaretAugust 26, 2021 at 8:07 pm
What material would I use to get a snake.
CC GrahamOctober 11, 2021 at 3:29 pm
depends on the species for most snakes the best one in my opinion would be a rat skull or bones
MargaretJuly 25, 2021 at 9:41 pm
I read somewhere acorns from oak trees were used as protective talismans. Can that work too for the jar spell?
someoneAugust 26, 2021 at 8:09 pm
Yes! I have many oaks of different kinds in my yard. I use acorns all the time for protection!
CeciliaJanuary 5, 2021 at 1:11 pm
Should I use blue or white sage?
MargaretJuly 25, 2021 at 9:42 pm
White sage is usually used for smudging and cleansing.
AnonymousJanuary 4, 2021 at 4:18 am
every time my family gets a new dog or cat I be a white witch for a long time now I gotten a puppy who acts like he’s a famlier . and I researched a
Of time spells this was one but was still drawn to me
Spiritual Protection: How to Protect Yourself Against Negative SpiritsDecember 28, 2020 at 12:10 am
[…] 2 Pet Spells: A Pet Protection Jar & Spell to Get a Pet […]
Can Dogs and Cats See Ghosts? - Otherworldly OracleJuly 7, 2020 at 3:23 pm
[…] Pet Spells: A Spell for Protection and One to Get a NEW Pet […]