Things That Attract Demons & Signs of a Demonic Haunting
Sometimes hauntings escalate, become violent, and cause harm. These are called a “demonic haunting” or “attachment”. No matter your definition of a demon, one thing is for certain: demons are negative spirits that manifest themselves in terrifying ways. Demons’ goal is to destroy life: love, happiness, and human life in general. No matter what a person’s belief about them, the point is to eradicate a demonic haunting as soon as possible. This is because demonic hauntings can cross the proverbial veil into attachments and possession. The first step in removing a demon from a home or workplace is to recognize the signs. Learn the things that attract demons too.
Stop! Before You Read Further, Think First. 99% of the Time, It’s Not a Demon.
More often than not, you’re not experiencing a demonic haunting. I’ve been a witch for 30+ years and have had experience with spirits of all kinds. Typically, when people think they’re being plagued by a demon, it’s usually a build-up of negative energy. You must cleanse the negative energy from your home and from yourself regularly. This is especially important if you are an empath, witch, medium, healer, or if you are a ghost hunter. Learn how to cleanse yourself and your space here. If you’ve cleansed thoroughly AND raised your vibrations, and you’re still experiencing these things, it’s time to look at hauntings.
Signs It’s a Demonic Haunting
When demonic hauntings first begin, the signs are subtle and may mimic those of your average, run-of-the-mill ghost. You might experience one or more of the following:
- Odd sounds: footsteps, doors opening and closing, whispers, faint screams or moaning, white noise, or electronic interference.
- Unusual sights: shadows in your peripheral vision, flickering lights and electronics. Objects moving places when your back is turned, figures in the dark, etc.
- Strange feelings: a feeling of being watched, a feeling that something is “wrong”. Also feeling like someone has been in your house or building. Inexplicable wafts of cold air, goosebumps, and the feeling of being touched by an invisible hand.
- Strange smells: perfume, food smells, sulfur, smoke, and bad odors like rotting meat or dead animals
As the Demonic Haunting Progresses…
As the demon gains energy and begins to manifest easily, all signs will increase and intensify. Following, you might experience these things:
- Recurrent nightmares on a weekly or nightly basis, depending upon the severity
- Phantom-mania: being held down in bed. And upon waking, discovering unexplained bruises or scratches on one’s body
- A general feeling of discomfort or dread, not being able to fully settle down in one’s own home or environment. Negativity between family members or friends increases and lead to arguments, fights, and general discord
- A spirit begins to show itself to a member of the home or environment.
- Often, these demons center their focus on one particular person and this can sometimes be a child. They will appear to a child often as a nice entity. If an otherwise normal child becomes withdrawn and has an “imaginary friend,” this is a BIG sign
- Religious objects will be destroyed or inexplicably lost, e.g. crucifix, bible, rosaries, etc.
- Entire homes or rooms are ransacked, though nothing has been taken
- You find writing on walls or other places in the building
Signs will differ depending on the severity of the haunting and the type of demon. Keeping a log of your xperiences will help in identifying the type of haunting you have.
Signs It’s Gone Beyond a “Haunting”
Negative people and situations fuel demonic hauntings. It’s a vicious cycle because the demon brings negativity that triggers people’s fears, then the negativity from people feeds the demon more energy. Because of this cycle, the demonic haunting may turn into an attachment and sometimes into a full-blown possession, depending on whether or not the demon is able to influence one particular person. When the demonic haunting has gone changed into something powerful and dangerous, one or more of the following signs will appear:
- Withdrawal: a person under demonic influence pulls away from his/her family in a social and physical manner. The person becomes withdrawn and won’t speak to family members normally.
- Anger/Resentment: person shows out-of-nowhere signs of emotional intensity, usually in the form of anger or resentment towards his/her family.
- Lack of Interest in Once-Loved Activities: the person will also withdraw themselves from regular activities they once enjoyed, e.g. hobbies, academics, family quality time, etc.
- Recurrent Nightmares and Night Terrors: the person will experience recurrent nightmares, often accompanied by “night terrors”
- Unexplained Marks on the Body: the person might have scratch marks, bite marks, and bruises on his/her body in places he/she could not inflict upon him/herself.
- Interest in the Occult/Black Magic: he/she might have taken a sudden interest in the occult, particularly in necromancy or black magic.
- Unexplained Illness and Weakness: he/she might become inexplicably ill and/or visibly weak of body and mind.
- Signs and symptoms might include weight loss, hair loss, change in skin tone, loss of appetite, vomiting, and loss of energy.
How do you know?
How do you know if it has gone from a haunting to an attachment and or full-blown possession? You’ll when it is possession, as the person will no longer be him/herself in any regard. The voice will change and they’ll throw fits of a supernatural power. Now’s the time to call a priest or someone able to handle a dangerous and dark situation. Just remember: you can stop it from progressing! Don’t feed into negativity in the household, and get the person help when you see the first signs. Don’t wait until it gets worse!
Things That Attract Demons and Demonic Hauntings
Let’s answer the question: what is a demon? A demon is a negative entity that’s never incarnated. This doesn’t mean they haven’t tried. Putting aside any religious thoughts on the matter, let’s agree these beings exist in our world. Certain places and people attract demons, unfortunately.
Things That Attract Demons to a Place:
- Murder/Suicide: any form of violent death that has occurred in a particular place will generate enough negative energy to attract negative beings.
- Black Magic: place that has been used in black magic rituals is an open door for negative beings to come through and linger. If a group of people participated in these rituals, it is even more of a magnet for demonic entities.
- Multiple Deaths: any place that has seen multiple deaths can attract demonic hauntings. Remember, negative entities feed off of negativity.
- Recurrent Negativity: a place where negative people dwell. If the negativity is strong enough and lasts long enough, can generate enough energy to draw the attention of negative entities.
Things That Attract Demons to People:
- Dabbling in the Occult: sometimes simply dabbling in the occult without protecting oneself will attract a demon. For example, playing with a ouija board, tarot cards, or pendulums.
- Performing Black Magic: diving head first into the world of black magic most definitely will open a portal for negative things to come through, particularly if you are performing rituals with a group.
- Obsession With Death: a person who obsesses over death might be wont to attract a demon, e.g. traipsing around a cemetery, performing a séance, visiting haunted places, researching death and murder scenes obsessively, ghost hunting without protection, etc.
- Depression/Anxiety: people who are deeply depressed have a low/weak aura about them can attract more negativity, including demons.
- Drug Use/Abuse: a person who uses drugs on a regular basis open themselves up to demonic attachment. Why is this? Because drugs deplete your physical, mental, and spiritual energy, leaving you weak enough to allow lower level entities to feed on your energy (or what’s left of it).
What To Do If You Think You’re Haunted
Once again, it’s more likely that you’re NOT experiencing a demonic haunting or attachment. However, if you truly feel plagued by the thought, it’s time to request the help of a qualified individual. Going to your local Catholic priest and asking for help is my first recommendation. Sometimes you may be able to locate a local shaman or medium who is also qualified in handling evil spirits. If you’ve tried cleansing on your own, and the experiences are escalating, ask someone for help. I also highly recommend speaking to a doctor about your experiences, because sometimes what seems to be the paranormal might also be a physical or mental condition. There’s no shame in asking for help either way.