Shower Rituals: 3 SIMPLE Cleansing Daily Shower Rituals
Cleansing bath rituals are a big thing in the magical community these days. But what happens if you don’t have a bathtub or can’t take a bath for other reasons? How do you make your shower time just as magical and cleansing as a bath? Here we provide you with 3 SIMPLE cleansing shower rituals you can do on a daily basis!
Peaceful Waterfall Shower Ritual
Water is the universal purifier. It’s known and used worldwide as a cleansing force physically AND spiritually. No matter the form. One of my favorite things to do is visualize while I’m in the shower. With two young children, sometimes it’s the ONLY time I get a few minutes of peace to myself! Sometimes! You won’t need anything for this except yourself and your shower.
- Take a few deep breaths while turning on your shower.
- Enter and submerge yourself. Close your eyes and take five slow, deep breaths. Allow yourself to relax entirely.
- Now, with your eyes still closed, lean your head under the water and visualize you’re standing under a beautiful, secluded waterfall deep in the heart of the jungle/forest (see photo below as an example!)
- Feel the water on the crown of your head and enveloping your body. Envision all negative residue in your aura melting off of you and disappearing down the drain.
- Continue to visualize yourself bathing in the white light of your own special waterfall as you wash your body and hair.
Herbal-Infused Soothing Shower Ritual to Calm and Purify
This is my way of taking an herbal infused bath WITHOUT THE BATH and with the shower instead! Feel free to change the ingredients you use to make it your own unique shower ritual and experiment with different ones!
What You’ll Need
- A small sachet or muslin bag (OR a thin washcloth and string/tie)
- Lavender buds (2 tbsp.+)
- Himalayan pink salt (1 tbsp.)
What To Do:
- Turn on some soothing music (if you can). I always find this sets the calming mood.
- Put your lavender and salt inside your baggie and tie it tight.
- Hang the baggie around your showerhead so that it hangs where the water will flow through.
- Turn the water on and let it run for a minute, allowing the shower stall to fill with the aroma and magic of the lavender and salt sachet.
- Get in, breathe, enjoy the lavender and salt scent and energy.
- Shower as you normally would, but this time breathe slowly and envision the water as white light showering you in its cleansing, soothing vibrations.
- Before you finish showering, remove the sachet from the showerhead and gently rub it over your body from head to foot. Get the bottom of your feet too!
- Rinse and finish your shower.
- Go about your night or day, relaxed and purified!
Energizing Shower Ritual with Shower Bombs
So you know how they have those fancy bath bombs? And like they’re all sparkly and sh*t and you’ve always wanted to use one but you don’t have a bathtub? Well, now you can! Because they make something called shower bombs, too! You’re welcome. Now for our energizing shower ritual with shower bomb:
What You’ll Need:
- Your shower
- Shower bomb of your choice (but may we suggest one with orange or lemon for an energizing pick-me-up)
What to Do:
- Leave your clothes at the door, along with your worries. They’ll only hold you down and deplete your energy!
- Put your shower bomb somewhere dry in the shower (directions say the drier they stay the longer they’ll last so you can use it again later).
- Turn on the water and get in.
- Sprinkle some water on the shower bomb, this releases the essential oils within.
- Breathe in deep and visualize you are breathing in a bright orange light that fills your entire being and collects in your solar plexus (the chakra located between and just below your ribs, 3-4″ above your navel).
- Take your shower and sing a lively tune. Think “energy energy energy fill me.”
- Get out and slay your day!
Create Your OWN Sacred Shower Rituals!
Experiment with different herbs and salts in your shower sachets. Other herbs I like to use for shower rituals include rose petals, rosemary, basil, and chamomile. Salts like epsom salts and sea salt can also be used. Go easy on the sea salt as it strips away ALL energy, good and bad! If you take shower in the evening, make it relaxing by lighting candles and incense and turning on soothing tunes. Make your shower rituals your own.