Essential Oil Magical Properties Chart and Magical Uses
These days everyone seems to be using essential oils for health, happiness or for magical purposes. Are you one of them? In this article, we’ll discuss the many magical uses of essential oils PLUS provide you with an essential oil magical properties chart that you can Pin and Save for future use.
First, Essential Oils Basics
Essential oils are highly concentrated oils derived from plants. Modern society has taken quite a liking to essential oils, using them in baths, diffusing them in the air, and diluting them to make ointments, etc. Just a note, from my research and experience, there are many essential oil producers and corporations out there that will tell you THEY have the BEST essential oils and the other companies are producing oils that are bad for you. I don’t have the answer as to whose essential oils are best. You’ll ultimately have to figure that out for yourself.
WARNING: Be aware that certain essential oils are toxic to animals, and you should learn what NOT to do with essential oils. Some say you should NEVER ingest them, yet there’s other who say you can. Some say you should never use them on your skin, while other say you can. It’s an ongoing online war, to be honest. I will tell you I didn’t heed the topical warning and got cinnamon essential oil on my hands – it burned like a mother. Ultimately, the research and discernment is in your hands. Your health is your responsibility, not mine.
Essential Oils Magical Properties Chart
Everything covered in this section is also on the essential oils magical properties chart provided below. Feel free to save and pin for later reference!
- Cedar: protection, cleansing, power, wisdom, strength
- Cinnamon: love, money, power, preservation, prosperity, protection
- Chamomile: growth, happiness, healing, success, whimsy, calming, dreams
- Eucalyptus: cleansing, healing, soothing
- Frankincense: calling on spirits, offerings to gods, protection, cleansing
- Jasmine: love, night rituals, passion, intuition, psychic abilities, soothing, moon magic, goddess
- Lavender: cleansing, beauty, soothing, relieve anxiety, love, passion
- Lemon: purifying, energizing, renewal, confidence
- Lemongrass: cleansing, warding, road-opener, good luck
- Orange: confidence, sun magic, growth, self esteem, power, prosperity, the god
- Peppermint: cleansing, money, energy, love
- Rose: love, psychic abilities, maternal ancestors, protection, cleansing
- Sandalwood: spirit work, love, ritual work, peace
- Tea Tree: angels, healing, protection
How to Use Essential Oils in Magic
We’ve provided an essential oils magical properties chart, but what’s the use in knowing the magical properties if you don’t know how to use essential oils in your practice? Here’s our favorite ways to use essential oils in magic:
- Add a few drops essential oils to the bath
- Diffuse essential oils to cleanse your home of negative energy, to bring love to you, to soothe and relax your household, etc.
- Mix essential oils together for a specific intention
- Dilute with carrier oils and use to anoint chakras, third eye, and power points of the body
- Use a cloth to rub essential oil onto altar and tools
- Bless a goddess statue with essential oil
- Add a few drops essential oil to tops of candles
- Dilute and anoint candles for candle magic
- Use as offerings to ancestors, spirits, gods, guides
- Add to water and put in a spray bottle. Spray around the house for cleansing and other purposes
- Add to salves, ointments, creams, lotions, shampoos, soaps, etc. to enchant your beauty products
- Dilute and spray on curtains, let the wind blow through and carry the aroma into your house
How you use essential oils in your magic is only limited by creativity and thought.