FREE Divination Tool Tutorial: Casting Pignuts for Members Only
I know what you’re thinking…casting nuts? Get a good chuckle out of it, then let’s learn how to use nature’s FREE tools to divine a message from the gods. This form of divination is inspired by a method in The Goodly Spellbook by Lady Passion and Diuvei. But I’ve changed a few things to make it my own. Feel free to do the same! Divination should be personal and feel natural to you and your practice. For members only.
Casting Nuts in 4 Directions Divination
What did shamans and witches do back in the day when Tarot cards and pendulums weren’t mass produced? They used what they had in their own garden or forest. So for this divination session, you’re going to go outside and find all of your tools there. For free.
What You’ll Need:
- 3 wild nuts, halved (as shown)
- A patch of soil/dirt
- A stick/branch (optional) OR chalk/salt
What to Do:
- Relax and get in an open state of mind.
- Draw a symbol of your choice in the soil using either a branch or alternatively you can draw a symbol on sidewalk/pavement with chalk or salt, etc. In the photo above, I chose to draw a cross to separate/point to the 4 cardinal directions (North, East, South, West).
- Then cast the nuts onto your symbol or grid.
- Depending on where the nuts fall and if they are face-up or face-down will determine your answer/message.
For example, if they all fall face-up (insides up) towards the North, you might read this as you have a need to focus on prosperity, growth, and/or family matters. If they fall mostly face-up, one in the East and one in the West, you may read this as communication is needed between you and your partner soon. Look up the four cardinal directions and what they represent, if you’re unsure but here’s a quick guide:
North: family, growth, money, prosperity, etc.
East: communication, inspiration
South: Passion, anger, drive
West: emotions, intuition, dreams
Nuts inside up (face up): favorable
Nuts outside up: unfavorable/setbacks
It may take some time for you to get used to this type of natural divination reading. Keep practicing and don’t overthink it! Just let it happen! You can also play around with the kind of nuts you use, and the symbols you draw.