Freezer Spells: How to Cast POWERFUL Binding Spells
Freezer spells have become all the magical rage in recent years. They are an extremely effective form of magick, working quickly and succinctly. In addition, freezer spells are great for multiple intentions including bindings, to “pause” or put a situation on hold, to bring peace or even to stop a person in their tracks. Here we will dive into the history of freezer spells and why it’s okay for you to cast one when done mindfully. Plus we provide you with two freezer spells to try including a lemon freezer spell and a freezer binding spell. Let’s get our chill on.
- First, What is a Freezer Spell? The Basics
- History of the Freezer (And Why It’s Important Magically)
- There are MANY Intentions for Freezer Spells
- Freezer Spell Substitution for Ice and Snow Magick
- Lemon Freezer Spell: Freeze Them OUT
- Freezer Binding Spell: Stop DANGER in Its Tracks
First, What is a Freezer Spell? The Basics
A freezer spell is exactly how it sounds – a spell that utilizes the freezer in your home and its freezing capabilities. In recent years, they’ve become popular among the witchcraft community. So much so that you’ll even hear people say that doing a freezer spell is a “closed” tradition. We don’t believe that it is, if you truly make it your own and use your ingredients and words mindfully.
History of the Freezer (And Why It’s Important Magically)
For those who say only a specific magical tradition can use freezer spells in their magick, this is what I say to them. Should I also stop using my stove or oven in my spell work? How about candles, are they a certain magic tradition too? The point here is there are some freezer spells that utilize techniques from the Hoodoo folk magic tradition including sour and sweetening jars. If you want to stay away from appropriating, simply leave those ingredients and methods out of your personal freezer magick.
From Ice Boxes to Modern Freezers
There’s no doubt in my mind our ancestors who made magick, cast spells, and gave out remedies used what they hand on-hand. That includes any of the appliances or features of their home at their disposal. When I say our ancestors, I mean ALL of our ancestors. There were and are magical folk from every culture who have been casting powerful spells for centuries. But if they didn’t have a freezer, what did they have?
According to Swirl Freeze, the fact that ancient humans learned how to freeze food for preservation is just as important to humanity as the use of fire to cook it. For people who lived in colder climates, they first learned to preserve food by placing it directly on the ice. Gradually, there came icehouses, which were small buildings where ice was placed and food placed within to freeze it. Then ice boxes in
How Do Freezer Spells Work?
Freezer spells work in a few ways. Let’s break down the magical mechanics, shall we? First, the freezer essentially does one job – freezes things. And freezing = preservation. But when we think of various intentions for spells, this is when the freezer’s MAGICAL abilities vary. For example, let’s say you’re working at a job that has become dangerous. A co-worker has made it a hostile environment, and you are even sometimes fearful for your life. You’ve gone to the boss but nothing has been done. So you decide to do a freezer binding spell on this coworker. It will work, but you have to consider the length of time you plan to keep the spell going AND how long you plan to keep the binding spell in the freezer.
Next, let’s just say you are at a point in life where something is moving too fast for your liking. And is causing you significant stress, anxiety, or pain. Is there a way to slow the process down or even stop it in its tracks? Yes…freezer spells are perfect to do this magical job, as well. And when you’re ready to allow the natural time to flow again, you remove the spell from the freezer and let it “defrost”. Think of it like this – whatever you want to freeze in place or PRESERVE, a freezer spell will be powerful.
There are MANY Intentions for Freezer Spells
Most of my research on freezer spells prior to writing this article yielded the same intention – to bind a person or situation. This is probably the most popular intention for a freezer spell but definitely not the only way a freezer can be utilized in one’s magical practice. There are a number of intentions, and more specifically when we use the freezer in place of ice spells another world is opened to us:
- Freezer spells are great to preserve love
- And friendship
- To preserve a job opportunity or salary
- To stop time from moving too fast
- Preserve one’s health
- Bind a dangerous person or situation from causing harm
- When using ice in our spells, promotes stillness
- Self Control
- Focus and concentration
- Learning how to adapt to abrupt change
- Cooling a “hot” situation off (the refrigerator is actually better for this depending on the severity of the circumstances)
- Extreme purification
- In god/goddess dedication rituals (particularly of a Northern pantheon from colder climates)
The “Magical Morals” of Casting Freezer Binding Spells
I guess at this point, it’s time for me to step in and talk about magical morals when it comes to casting freezer binding spells. You’ll hear a lot of people tell you when you mess with free will, you’re messing with something you shouldn’t. To leave these things to the Universe or gods to work out. But here’s the problem with that – sometimes the universe/gods expect US to protect ourselves. And if we’ve done everything we can in the physical but still feel threatened, we have the magical to help us through. So I say, if you feel that binding spells of any kind are against your morals, don’t do them. But if you feel the need to protect yourself or others, I won’t tell you what’s right or wrong.
Ingredients and FUN SPELL Methods
I’m sure you’ve figured out the main 2 ingredients in freezer spells: water and the freezer itself. But don’t discount other intuitive ingredients like herbs, flowers, different containers, fruits, etc. And also experiment with different ways to use the freezer in your magick. The typical spell is to write the person’s name or situation on a piece of paper, then put that paper in water and freeze it. Simple but there’s SO many other things to use and ways to make magick with your freezer:
- Use an ice cube tray and freeze herbs, flowers, and other ingredients into ice cubes. Then use those ice cubes in magical potions (as long as the ingredients are edible, obviously)
- As a kitchen witch, I use the freezer to freeze meals and foods to be eaten at later dates (for example, freeze your hambone from Christmas and make a soup or stew the following Ostara)
- Turn fun, at-home science experiments with ice into an actual spell
- Use your witch’s black salt to melt an ice cube or block of ice (this is particularly powerful when defrosting or diffusing a freezer spell AFTER it’s manifested)
- Make magical herbal tea or coffee cubes to put in your food/beverages later
- Preserve your garden seeds to use next growing season
- Make aloe vera ice cubes in the Summer to soothe sunburns and bug bites
- Prep individual magical smoothie packs for a healthy witchy breakfast
By now I guess you’ve figured out that when it comes to freezer spells and spell-work in general, your creativity and intuition is your limit.
Freezer Spell Substitution for Ice and Snow Magick
In our Snow Spells article, we talk about all the magical things you can do with snow, ice and hail. If you or your ancestors come from a colder climate, you might feel drawn to use the icy elements in your magical workings. But what if you’ve relocated to a warmer climate and have no access to snow, ice or hail? Make your own with a little help from our friend, the freezer. You can even buy your own snow cone machine for fairly cheap and make your own snow for your spells.
Lemon Freezer Spell: Freeze Them OUT
Lemons have been used in many magical traditions for hundreds of years. They are linked to the moon, the feminine, and water and have an inherently purifying energy. They’re also used in spells to make a person leave you alone. Sort of like feeding someone lemons straight up – they’ll grimace and probably not want to try any more. So if you need something to get rid of a person who’s bothering you, you can freeze them out and send them off with this lemon freezer spell:
What You’ll Need:
- Lemon (1 whole)
- Toothpicks or needles (4-6)
- Plastic bag or container
- Your freezer
How to Cast the Lemon Freezer Spell:
- Gather your tools and ingredients (You don’t have to cleanse anything beforehand)
- Put on music that reminds you of either protective vibes or send-them-away vibes.
- Write the person or situation’s name on a small strip of paper.
- Fold it away from you 3 times, visualizing the person or situation leaving your life for good.
- Cut the lemon in half but not all the way through. Just enough to slip the piece of paper inside.
- Secure the open cut in the lemon with toothpicks or needles, being careful not to prick yourself.
- Place in a plastic bag or container, then set at the back and bottom of your freezer. The freezer serves to freeze them out…turning them cold against you so that they leave you alone.
- Cleanse your pen if you plan to use it again in the future (run it through smoke, etc.)
- Once they are out of your life for good, remove the bagged lemon freezer spell and throw it away far away from your home and property. DON’T EVER OPEN THE LEMON.
Freezer Binding Spell: Stop DANGER in Its Tracks
Sometimes an alarm on the house and a big dog isn’t enough to keep someone away. Sometimes we need a little magick to shield us from danger. This freezer binding spell works in a pinch…and it works WELL. It’s also effective if the person that needs the binding is hurting a loved one. You can do this spell for them, with their permission of course.
What You’ll Need:
- Plastic bag or container
- Paper and pen (optional: picture of offender)
- Optional: herbs for banishing and binding like rue, thorns, pepper, etc.
How to Cast the Freezer Binding Spell
- Gather your tools and ingredients, all the while thinking of the offender being bound from harming anyone.
- Write the offender’s name on your piece of paper (or if you chose a photo, skip this step.)
- Fold the paper 3 times away from you and say, “you are bound from harming me and anything/anyone near me. By the power of 3 times 3. So mote it be.” (repeat 3x for amplified effect).
- Place the photo or paper in the plastic bag/container.
- Add water and any herbs you chose to the container and say, “with the ancient power of water, you’ll stay away from me and mine forever.”
- Seal the bag and say, “it is done.” Then place in the freezer.
- Remember, once the person has been stopped from harming you or your loved ones, you may dispose of the spell. I recommend burying the photo/paper and contents away from your property AND trashing the plastic bag far away (don’t bury plastic in the earth).