Magical Days of the Week: Correspondences & Daily Energy
Moon phases are a powerful way to time your rituals and magick. But did you know there’s other ways besides moon phases? What if you don’t have time to wait for the moon to grow full, can you use a specific day of the week? Of course you can. Here we look at the magical days of the week as another (quicker) option to time your rituals.
7 Magical Days of the Week and Their Correspondences
Every day is magical; therefore, you can harness the energy of a specific magical day of the week instead of waiting for a planet to move or the moon to cycle.
1. Sunday Magick
Sunday is named for…you guessed it…the Sun! So we can think of this weekday’s magick as everything related to the sun. Cast your spells and perform rituals on Sunday for the following intentions: growth, prosperity, strength, vitality, healing, opportunity, money and victory.
Sunday’s magical correspondences:
- Magical Intentions: abundance, growth, enlightenment, strength, healing
- Crystals: citrine, sunstone, pyrite, gold, goldstone, carnelian, orange calcite, tiger’s eye, amber
- Herbs: sunflower, chamomile, calendula, marigold, bergamot, oak, rosemary, oregano
- Gods/Goddesses: Helios, Amaterasu, Sunna, Sulis, Ra, Bastet, Sekhmet, Freyr, Apollo, Belenos, Aurora
2. Monday Magick
We often dread Mondays, but Monday has a special kind of magick that might make you think differently. Monday is named after the Moon. Therefore, all magick related to the moon can also be performed on a Monday! No more waiting for the right moon cycle if you have an immediate need. Cast spells and perform rituals for the following intentions: love, healing, intuition, psychic abilities, dreams, emotional balance, friendship, purification, fertility, shadow and spirit work.
Monday’s Magical Correspondences:
- Magical Intentions: intuition, dreams, shadow work, psychic abilities, emotional balance, friendship
- Crystals/Metals: silver, moonstone, pearl, fluorite, amethyst, quartz, sapphire
- Herbs: moonflower, jasmine, gardenia, white rose
- Gods/Goddesses: Thoth, Selene, Diana, Artemis, Luna, Hecate, Phoebe, Kalfu
3. Tuesday’s Magick
Tuesday’s name isn’t as easy to figure out. Tuesday is named after the Norse god of lightning, justice, and war – Tyr. When Tuesday rolls around, my mom and I say, Happy Tyr’s Day! Being that Tyr was a powerful god with strength and virility, the magick you perform on Tuesday should include: justice/legal issues, protection, binding, banishing, reversal, courage, power, passion, self esteem and confidence, and more. Not surprisingly, Tuesday is ruled by the planet Mars (also a god of war).
Tuesday’s Magick Correspondences:
- Magical Intentions: legal matters, justice, protection, binding, banishing, reversal, courage, self confidence
- Crystals: carnelian, ruby, bloodstone, garnet, red jasper
- Herbs: dragon’s blood, nettle, thistle, thorns, wormwood, hawthorn, red flowers and plants associated with Mars
- Gods/Goddesses: Tyr, Mars, Apollo, Maeve, Bran, Ares, Valkyries, Sekhmet, Kali, The Morrigan, any war or justice deity
4. Wednesday’s Magick
Wednesday is also a day that acquired its name from an old Norse god – Odin. In the Germanic, in particular Saxon tribes, he was also called Woten or Wodin, hence Wednes-day or Woden’s day. Odin is the All-Father in the Norse pantheon and rules wisdom, mischief, poetry, quests and the runes (among many other things). Wednesday is ruled by the planet Mercury, which rules communication and more. So, if you cast on Wednesday, it should be for one of the following intentions: communication (verbal and written), technology, cars/transportation, wisdom, clarity, spiritual growth or enlightenment, travel, psychic abilities, courage, divination (particularly the runes), and power.
Wednesday’s Magical Correspondences:
- Magical Intentions: divination, wisdom, knowledge, education, traveling, communication, spiritual enlightenment, courage, mischief
- Crystals: Agate, citrine, aventurine, sodalite, lapis, hematite, emerald
- Herbs: lavender, rosemary, fern, cherry, licorice, poppy, mugwort, plantain, apple, fennel, chervil
- Gods/Goddesses: Odin, Mercury, Hermes
5. Thursday’s Magick
Thursday is named for one of our favorite Marvel characters and originally the Norse god of thunder – Thor. Thursday’s magick focuses on the following intentions: protection, power, male fertility, strength, purification, consecration, storm energy, and forest magick. In addition Thursday is ruled by the planet Jupiter, which is the planet of good luck, prosperity, health, career success, leadership, politics, legal matters, etc.
Thursday’s Magical Correspondences:
- Magical Intentions: storms, legal matters, military, protection, cleansing, consecration, good luck, prosperity, career success
- Crystals/Stones: amethyst, sapphire, turquoise, lepidolite, sugilite
- Herbs: cinnamon, beech, oak, thorns, garlic, hawthorn, leek and onion, thistle
- Gods/Goddesses: Thor, Juno, Jupiter
6. Friday Magick
Friday is a magical day of the week named for one of two goddesses: Freya or Frigg. Both are Norse goddesses and it’s debated whether Friday is named after one or the other. Some say they’re the same goddess, further complicating the matter. Freya and Frigg share similar qualities, which are good intentions for Friday magick: love, motherhood, marriage, emotions, female fertility, the household, passion, beauty, war and death. Friday is ruled by the planet Venus, Venus was also a goddess of love, passion, etc. When you think of Friday think the day of LOVE and passion.
Friday Magic Correspondences:
- Magical Intentions: love, passion, sex, home and hearth, family, motherhood, female fertility, death, beauty
- Crystals/stones: rose quartz, pink tourmaline, moonstone, jade, peridot, emerald, ruby
- Herbs: red hibiscus, rose, lavender, rosemary, jasmine, blue lotus, violet, birch, sage, ivy
- Gods/Goddesses: Freya, Frigg, Venus, Aphrodite
7. Saturday Magick
Saturday is named after the planet and god Saturn. Therefore everything Saturn rules is appropriate for magick on Saturdays including self improvement and transformation, knowledge-seeking, time, evaluating one’s personal values, banishing negativity and bad habits, etc.
Saturday Magic Correspondences:
- Magical Intentions: knowledge, values/morals, time, banishing, self transformation, psychic defense, meditation, locating lost items or people, self defense, liberation
- Crystals/stones: onyx, obsidian, smokey quartz, jet, pumice
- Herbs: myrrh, moss, thyme, basil, hemlock, nettle, peppermint, pomegranate, hyacinth, mallow, juniper
- Gods/Goddesses: Saturn, The Norns, Oshun, Yemaya, Set, Cronus
Set Up Your Own Magical Days of the Week Routine
Not everyone does complicated magick on a daily basis. In fact, most of us don’t. However, we can do little things to harness the energy of the magical days of the week by setting up a simple magical routine for each day. For example, tend your garden on Sunday, pull a tarot card on Monday, pray for protection on Tuesday, read a book on Wednesday, go for a nature walk on Thursday, wear rose quartz on Friday, and meditate for 10 minutes on Saturday. Make it your own and work it into your daily routine for extra benefits!
Solar Witch: How to Cast SUN MAGICK in 11 WaysAugust 30, 2020 at 10:52 pm
[…] The great thing about using the sun for timing spells and rituals is that you don’t have to wait for the moon phase to change. Sunrise, Noon, and Sunset are all powerful times to make magick. As are the days of the week. […]
Spell Timing: Times of the Day to Cast and ManifestApril 30, 2020 at 11:21 am
[…] Magical Timing: Days of the Week […]