Full Moon Ritual Ideas + Rituals for Healing and Love
When I look up at the Full Moon, I know she’s looking down on me. I feel her healing and loving vibrations gently lighting the night sky and touching my heart. The Full Moon is a time to manifest. It’s a time to make things happen. Here are MY personal full moon ritual ideas for healing and love, as well as a look at the full moon ritual herbs I use on a monthly basis.
Full Moon Ritual Ideas Using Water & Fire
The Water Element
Every provoking full moon ritual idea typically involves the water element in some form. Why? Because the moon is directly related to water – it pulls on the ocean’s tides AND effects our lives because we’re made up of 60% water. Some types of full moon rituals with water include ritual baths, making moon water, and full moon baptisms. We will go into each of these in detail below.
The Fire Element
If you’re more of a fire person, that’s okay too! The fire element can be harnessed with candle rituals on the Full Moon that are SUPER effective! Bonfires are also fun as part of full moon ritual. What’s better than being outside, sitting by a fire, with the Full Moon’s light shining down on you?
Try This SIMPLE Full Moon Ritual for Healing the Soul
This full moon ritual for healing is specifically to heal a broken heart OR wounded soul. Have you been hurt and need inner healing? Time to heal yourself with the light of the Full Moon.
What You’ll Need:
- Green or Blue clothing
- Somewhere you can see the Full Moon
How to Perform the Ritual:
- Take a shower visualizing a white light cleansing your aura or cleanse yourself with smudge smoke.
- Dress in all blue or green clothing. Blue is linked to healing but gree is linked to the heart chakra (choose one or both!)
- Go outside to a place where you can see the Full Moon AND where you won’t be disturbed.
- Sit down or lie down, whatever is comfortable, and look up at the Full Moon.
- Feel the Full Moon’s healing light illuminating your entire being.
- Close your eyes and feel the moonlight move through you, from head to foot, soothing and healing any and all holes in your aura or soul.
- State, “with the light and love of the Full Moon, may my heart and soul be healed and shine bright tonight.” Repeat this prayer until you feel whole.
Full Moon Ritual for Love
Everyone wants to be loved and give love. The Full Moon is the perfect time for manifesting love in one’s life in a natural, healthy way. We’ve written this Full Moon Ritual for Love for those who want to attract the right kind of love into their lives. Try it out!
What You’ll Need:
- Red candle
- Vegetable or Olive Oil (what you have on-hand)
- Powdered cinnamon
- Needle or knife (for carving the candle)
- Small muslin bag or sachet
How to Perform the Full Moon Love Ritual:
- Cleanse your ritual supplies and space where you’ll be working.
- Take your knife or pin and carve an odd number of qualities you’re looking for in a partner onto the candle itself (i.e. hard-worker, sweet, handsome, etc.) The whole time you perform this ritual, you’re visualizing and thinking about the kind of person you want to love and be loved by.
- Next, dip the candle in the oil OR use your hands to rub the oil from the bottom of the candle to the top and pointed directly at your heart (visualize love coming to you and your heart glowing bright red like the candle). Say, “Real love come to me. May it be pure and free.”
- Then roll the oiled candle in the cinnamon and sugar towards you. Say, “may our love be as potent as cinnamon and as sweet as sugar.”
- Light the candle and say more prayers, specifically stating the words you carved on the candle and what you want in a partner. Repeat the qualities at least three times. The more times you repeat it the better. Repetition of words generates more energy to fuel the ritual.
- Allow the candle to burn down all the way, then bag up the remnants after the wax has cooled.
- Keep the bag under your pillow for a full moon’s cycle.
MORE Full Moon Ritual Ideas:
- Perform a Sacred Goddess Dedication Ritual to dedicate yourself to the Moon Goddess of your calling
- Make Moon Water to use in ritual, to cleanse and bless tools and sacred space
- Try this Manifest Your Dreams Plant Spell that begins on the New Moon and manifests on the Full Moon
- Cast simple Beauty Spells Using Your Perfume
- Practice self care and self love and cast one of these Self Love Spells to Boost Your Confidence
- The Full Moon is the BEST time to lay protective wards around your property or home
- Try a Drawing Down the Moon Ritual
- Swim in a safe, local body of water by moonlight
- Charge your crystals and amulets in the moonlight
Full Moon Ritual Herbs
Working with the Full Moon has many benefits and will enhance your spiritual practice in many ways. Working with herbs that are specifically linked to the Full Moon ON the Full Moon will give any full moon ritual a boost of power. Any herb linked to the moon is appropriate for full moon rituals and include:
- Blue lotus
- Yerba santa
- White sandalwood
- Pau d’ arco
What you do with full moon ritual herbs is up to you and your creativity! Do your research and see what herbs are edible or non-edible, always be safe! You can drink full moon teas, use herbs to dress candles in candle rituals, bathe in full moon herbs that are safe on skin, and so much more!