Magical Wards: How to Lay a Protective Ward for Members Only
By: Allorah Rayne
If you’ve read any of my previous posts, you know that protection magick was the one and only magick I practiced and focused on the first few years of my practice. Since then I have been diligent in honing this type of magick for myself and it has become one of the magickal areas I consider myself an adept practitioner. I had a different idea for this month’s article, but I decided to write about protective magical wards, because it’s a question I’ve answered on multiple occasions in the last month.
What is a Magical Ward?
Magical wards are an excellent way to safeguard your dwelling from as much negative energy from outsiders as possible. Think of a magical ward as a laser security system. Though you can’t see the laser lines, it alerts the owners if the lines are crossed. Wards are an invisible energetic perimeter programmed according to your protective instructions. It can provide a barrier against negative energy you acquire in your daily interactions. It can also deflect intentional and unintentional psychic attack. Let’s take these two aspects and dissect them for a moment.
Magical Wards Can Prevent Negative Intruders
Most people consider their home their sanctuary. Protective magical wards not only deflect negative energy from our daily experiences, they also help prevent others with negative energy and attitudes from invading our sacred space. Laying a ward around your home can literally stop someone with ill intentions and negative energy from crossing into your yard, and in some cases, even driving by your house at all.
Warding Off the Evil Eye and Psychic Attack
Wards also make it exceedingly difficult for psychic harm to get to you within your dwelling space. Sometimes psychic attack is unintentionally caused by envy and jealousy rather than focused intention to harm. In some practices this is referred to as the evil eye. 90% of psychic attack is unintentional. The other 10% of psychic attack comes from those who wish ill intentions upon you. While wards won’t guarantee 100% protection from either kind of psychic attack, it does provide a barrier and alert system to the warding practitioner who can then take appropriate measures to combat a psychic attack. Nightmares, a run of unexplainable bad luck, or a complete change of perspective from positive to negative are all warning bells that someone is either intentionally, or unintentionally, psychically attacking you.
Below is a simple method for laying a magical ward of protection around your dwelling space.
What you will need:
- 4 Medium-Sized Pieces of Black Tourmaline
- Small shovel
- Mortar and Pestle
- Black Salt
- Red Brick Dust
- Angelica Root
- Dragon’s Blood Resin
- A Large, Empty, Herb Shaker (using an old one from the grocery works just dandy)
- Mix all the herbs and powders together in your mortar and pestle until mixed well.
- As you mix, chant over the mixture “Protect this house from ground to floor, let no harm cross here anymore. Outside and in, warded around, this space is protected and bound.”
- When the mixture is finished, pour it into your shaker bottle.
- Gather your 4 pieces of tourmaline and head outside.
- Start in the North corner of your property and bury a piece of tourmaline far enough down so it won’t surface. Repeat this process by burying each piece on a cardinal direction point in order from North, West, South, and East.
- Once all
the Black Tourmaline pieces are buried, go back to the North corner, uncap your
herbal shaker, and ask each of the four corners to aid you in the protection of
your home while shaking the herbal mixture from one point to another. How much
herbal mix you will need will depend on the size of your property. You will
move counter/anti clockwise because, in a sense, you are performing a
banishment. You will need to focus all your energy into envisioning that the
circle you are weaving around your property is, in fact, and invisible barrier
of energy. If you have ever practiced empathic shielding, this is similar only
you are holding a much larger shield during the weaving of the spell. I have
found that music is a great tool to aid in keeping a sharply focused intention
when weaving spells of magick.
- “I ask those associated with the North to provide stability and grounding of these grounds.”
- “I ask those associated with the West to provide healing and intuitive site for those that seek to bring harm whether intentionally or unintentionally.”
- “I ask those associated with the South to lend their speed to alert me when an intruder is present.”
- “I ask those associated with the East to lend their wisdom and knowledge to craft and create the safest sanctuary possible behind this ward.”
The above are generic phrases and I encourage everyone to craft their own. I also like to call my deities in to ask for their expertise as well – and they can provide some awesome protective energy to help you!
Practice by Refreshing Your Magical Wards
You can program the ward to be as thick or thin as you need but, like anything else, it takes practice. Don’t be discouraged if it takes you several tries to get your ward the way you want it. My wards last about 60-90 days depending on how strong I make them when they are cast. You will be able to feel the energy of the ward wane and when its barely noticeably, it’s time to cast again!
If you live in an apartment complex, or have roommates, laying a ward is more difficult and other protective magickal spells are recommended. However, if you have a home, or are renting one, laying a magical ward of protection is your best solution to energetic invasion.
Read More From Allorah Rayne:
- Tarot for Beginners (5 FAQs): Tarot Cards for Beginners, Tarot Journaling & More
- Spirit Work: How to Protect Yourself While Working With Spirits
- Hoodoo Jar Spells: The Black Jar Spell for Cleansing, Banishing & More
About Allorah Rayne
Allorah Rayne is a practitioner of amnestic witchcraft and has been part of the online spiritual community since 2012. Her introduction to Tarot was the age of nine and she pursued more intensive learning at fifteen. Allorah is the founder of Raw Magick Sourceress © where she offers occult readings, mentorship, and supplies. She is also the co-founder of Spread This, Witches!, a community centered divination organization. You can contact Allorah at the following social media sites Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, and YouTube or by E-mail at email@example.com.