Full Moon Baths: 3 INDULGENT Recipes for Self Love and Manifestation
Luna. Selene. The Silver Wheel in the dark of the night. We feel it in our bones, in our hearts, and in our flesh. We instinctively know when the Full Moon is coming. And, while we adore her inevitable pull on our lives, sometimes we need to go within and care for ourselves. Sometimes self-care in the form of a bath ritual is what’s best when the moon’s rising. In addition to a full moon bath being a powerful self care ritual, it can also be charged with a more specific intention like drawing love, friendship, increasing psychic power and much more! Check out our recipes and steps below.
First, Why Take a Full Moon Bath? The Benefits
The moon pulls on the ocean tides, as well as our lives. What better way to get in touch with the Full Moon’s vibes and our higher selves than by taking a full moon bath? Not only are ritual baths cleansing for the soul, they’re also great for the body and mind. According to Town and Country Magazine, hot baths help relieve muscle and joint pain, aid in better sleep, relieve cold and flu symptoms AND even burn calories! By partaking in a full moon bath, you’re connecting with the powerful energy of Selene, Luna and other lunar goddesses as well.
Full Moon Bath #1: Increase Intuition
With this full moon bath recipe, focus on self-care AND increasing intuition. This is one of my absolute favorites. It’s soothing and empowering.
- Rosemary (3 tbsp dry OR 3 sprigs fresh): increases memory and clarity of mind as well as cleanses the aura
- Bay leaves (3): increases psychic ability and promotes visions
- Lavender (3 tbsp): soothes nerves and cleanses the aura
- Muslin bag or sachet with tie (optional)
Steps: Full Moon Bath #1
- Set the mood. Turn the lights down. Light some candles, burn some incense, etc. Put on some relaxing, witchy music.
- Next, draw yourself a bath.
- Add the herbs directly to the bath water OR fill your little muslin bag with the herbs and add to the water (NOTE: if you add herbs directly to the bath water, it will be more difficult to clean it up afterward).
- Get in and soak up the witchy full moon bath vibes for at least fifteen minutes. While bathing, close your eyes and visualize yourself as a beautiful, powerful witch completely in tune with your intuition.
- Submerge yourself under the water OR pour the bath water over the top of your head. The key is to cover your entire body.
- Emerge from the bath, towel dry off from foot to crown of the head. Then wrap your hair in the towel. Dress in comfortable clothing and go about your night/day KNOWING that your ability to listen to your intuition has just increased three-fold!
Full Moon Bath #2: Moon Milk Bath To Comfort and Heal
- a CLEAN bathtub
- a cup of milk (preferably cow’s OR coconut if you are vegan): for nourishment of soul and body
- Frankincense and/or Myrrh incense: to raise the vibrations of the room
- a handful of rose petals: for self love and inner beauty
- a handful of jasmine: for love and purity
- a white candle: to purify the room
- a white robe/long dress: for purity and confirmation
Steps for the Full Moon Milk Bath:
1. Put on some relaxing music.
2. Light the Frankincense/myrrh incense to raise the vibrations of the room.
3. Light the white candle. Turn down the lights and get into a relaxed state of mind. Slow you’re breathing, quiet your mind, etc.
4. Draw a bath. While the water is filling the tub, pour the cup of milk. State, “this is mother moon’s milk. I am ever grateful. May it nourish me and strengthen me – body, mind and soul.”
5. Next, put a handful of rose petals in the tub. State “roses for self love. May the moon grant her undying love to heal my weary soul.”
6. Lastly, put a handful of jasmine in the tub. State, “Mother Moon, grant me your magic so that my soul may see in the darkness, heal and become whole.”
7. Disrobe and get into the tub. Bathe and lie in the tub as long as you’d like. Visualize the bathtub as a conduit of loving, healing energy. Full of white light, drawing the very essence of the moon into your purifying bath.
8. When you’re finished, stand up and emerge a cleansed soul. State, “I’ve emerged a newborn, whole being wrapped in the loving rays of the moon. Thank you, Mother.”
9. For the rest of the day/night, wear all white. This is the sign of purity and healing.
Full Moon Bath #3: YOU Choose Your Ingredients and Intention
Don’t let the online world convince you that you can’t come up with your own full moon bath recipes. Because you can! A couple rules of thumb: always make sure the ingredients you use are topically safe for you by testing a small amount on your hand/wrist AND that you’re able to clean the contents out of the tub without clogging the drain! We recommend muslin bags or bath sachets for a quick clean-up.
For this full moon bath, YOU will choose 3 ingredients from the following list:
- Sea salt (1 tbsp)
- Himalayan salt (1 tbsp)
- Epsom salt (1 cup)
- Witch’s black salt (1 tbsp)
- Lemon juice (1/2 cup)
- Milk (1 cup): cow’s, coconut, or almond
- Coffee (black) 1/2 cup
- Herbs that are topically safe: rose, rosemary, basil, mint, lavender, jasmine, chamomile, hibiscus, calendula, alfalfa, chickweed, turmeric, dandelion, oatstraw, butterfly pea (up to 1 handful)
- Aloe vera gel or juice (up to 1/2 cup)
- Coconut oil (3 tbsp)
- Black or green tea (1/2 cup)
- Essential oils (up to 9 drops): rose, rosemary, lavender, lemongrass, lemon, jasmine, ylang ylang
- Shea butter: 1/4 cup
- Orange slices (1 orange)
- Lemon slices (1 lemon)
Choose Your Intention
Choose your intention for your full moon bath. We recommend something for manifestation: love, self-love, purity, money and success, protection, new friends or opportunities. Remember to match your ingredients with your intentions. For example, a full moon bath for love might include himalayan pink salt, roses, and coconut oil. A bath for money might include basil, rosemary, and mint. A cleansing bath for purity includes epsom salt, lemon juice, and lavender.
Take Your Bath:
- It’s pretty simple, follow the rules from the baths above.
- Add your own spin to it…match your music with your intentions. BATHE in your desires.
- Match your clothing’s color to your full moon bath’s intentions.
- Following your bath, watch your intentions manifest!
Leave a Reply