Reversal Candle Spells: Return to Sender FULL Tutorial
Tread lightly. You’ll often hear that phrase when asking about reversal candle spells. But I’m going to tell you NOT to worry about treading lightly. You’ll find out why here. Also, I will teach you how to do an effective return to sender spell and when it’s necessary or not. Let’s jump in!
What is a Reversal Candle Spell?
A reversal candle spell is a form of magic cast with the use of a candle to reflect negative energy off of the caster and back to its original source. I think of it as the old adage: “I’m rubber, you’re glue. Whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks on you.” There is one easy, effective way to do reversal candle spells that involve a candle and a mirror that we will teach later on in the article. But first…
Why Are Reversal Candle Spells Frowned Upon? The Morals
Some folks in the witchy community believe reversals are “gray area”, while others will tell you flat-out they are wrong. But my thinking and experience is this – if an individual is casting black magic your way or the evil eye, where is that energy going to go? Either A. you’ll take the brunt of the bad energy being thrown at you. B. you’ll banish it and send it gods know where. Or C. you reflect it off of you and send it back to its original source – the person that threw it at you to begin with!
I’m not Christian and my magical and mundane morals don’t revolve around “turning the other cheek”. If this is how you do your magic or work your life, that’s fine too! To each their own. However, I believe in self-defense and protecting my family and what I’ve worked hard for. SO…reversal candle spells are necessary. If I decided to simply block and banish the bad energy thrown my way, then I’m sending it randomly into the ether, where it could attach to someone else who doesn’t deserve it. Instead, I feel it’s more than justified to return it to its sender.
When Should a Reversal Candle Spell Be Done?
Not everyone will feel a reversal candle spell should be a regular part of their practice. And others might feel reversals are required once a month or more. How do you know when a reversal candle spell is right? There’s a few basic qualifications, in my opinion:
- If you’re a well-known witch in the community and have lots of witchy friends, you may also pick up an enemy or competitor along the way. Regular reversal candle spells are necessary to deflect any jealousy or dark magic thrown at you.
- If you feel you’ve been “crossed” or “hexed” in some way (here are the signs), a full cleansing and a reversal candle spell is necessary.
- If someone is outright threatening you, do a reversal.
- ALSO if you feel someone has given you the evil eye, unknowingly or knowingly, do a reversal!
- Even if your luck seems to have run out or you’re dealing with a string of bad luck, a return to sender spell may be helpful.
A Simple, Effective Reversal or Return to Sender Spell
Here’s our favorite reversal candle spell that’s simple and effective. I recommend doing this once a month for high-profile witches and as needed for others.
What You’ll Need:
- A black candle (I prefer quick burning candles like spell or tea lights) and holder/plate
- A small, cheap mirror (you will only use this mirror for reversals. You can find one for a dollar at your local dollar store!)
What To Do:
- First, cleanse your space and yourself.
- Take the black candle and rub it in a downwards pattern from the top of your head to the bottoms of your feet. This is picking up any negative energy or bad juju thrown at you.
- Set on top of the mirror.
- Light the candle and say, “Black as night. Candle burn bright. Burn away the magic thrown my way. Return it to its sender tonight.”
- Repeat the phrase 13 times.
- Let the candle burn down all the way.
- Gather up the remnants in a bag and dispose of it far from your property.
- If you choose to keep the mirror for future reversals, cleanse it once more and put it in a bag and in a dark, undisturbed location.
Herbs and Tools for Return to Sender Spells
If you choose to create your own return to sender or reversal spells, you might choose ingredients like herbs, stones, glass, and other objects. Truly the way in which you cast your magick is up to you and can be anything you want it to be. I find some of the best things to use in reversals are herbs and tools that have purifying, warding, and protective properties like:
- Salt: table, sea salt, gray salt, etc.
- Witch’s black salt
- Hot peppers
- Black pepper
- Cinnamon (specifically essential oil. Be careful when handling as it will burn you topically, but in that also lies its power)
- Dragon’s Blood
- Red brick dust