Sex Magick: How to Harness the BANG Out of Your Groove Thang
For Bella Donna Members only. You’ve heard of it. You’ve thought of looking into it. Sex magick. It seems everyone is doing it these days. Well, maybe not the magic part but definitely the sex. Did you know there’s ways to harness that potent energy for magical purposes? Sex can be used to propel your intentions into the Universe, as well as to manifest your dreams. In this article for Bella Donna Members only, we get down in the nitty gritty and talk all the things sex magick. Warning: adult content.
What is Sex Magick? The Bare Bones (wink)
Sex magick is a form of magick that relies on the energy generated during sex or masturbation to fuel a spell or magical intentions. Our bodies are sacred. They are powerful in so many ways, and sex is just one of the many ways we can use our bodies to make magick.
Having healthy, regular sex is beneficial to body, mind and soul in many ways. For the body, sex lowers blood pressure, boosts our immune systems, helps us sleep better and reduces our risk for heart disease (Ohsu.edu). In the spiritual sense, sex aids in opening and realigning our lower chakras including the sacral and root. And when these chakras are in alignment, we feel grounded and rooted in Mother Earth. We allow our creative juices to flow easier too (juice pun intended). As for our emotional health, being intimate with a partner physically and emotionally allows us to trust and confide in that person. We join our bodies, minds and souls.
Before Making Sex Magick With a Partner
There’s two preliminary things to consider with sex magick: is your partner willing to aid in your magical endeavors? Or will you make magick without your partner knowing? In this regard, some folks say we’re getting into moral issues. I say if your partner is going to have sex with you anyway and is having a good time, why do they have to know you’re harnessing your orgasm as a means to manifest? HOWEVER, if your partner is down to get down and manifest your intentions along with you, even better. Tip: hang onto that person!
How to Make Sex Magick With a Partner
Okay let’s talk about sex baby. How do you use sex to manifest your intentions? There’s a few different ways, but here’s my recommendation:
- Choose the right timing to align with your intentions (i.e. the waxing moon to grow your bank account, grow your love for one another. Or choose one of the fertility sabbats like Beltane for an extra bang for your f*ck.)
- Cleanse yourself and your space (if you can) beforehand. This means a cleansing ritual bath or shower and also smoke-cleansing or clearing the space in which you’ll do the naughty.
- Set the mood with music, aromatherapy or incense, or whatever gets you and your partner in the mood (obviously some people aren’t into gushy stuff like romantic music. If you prefer whips and chains, I’m not here to judge. Go for it.)
- Before you and your partner begin, visualize your intentions manifesting. Whatever it is that you want to happen in your life, see it in your mind’s eye. See it as if it’s already happened. Hold that image for as long as you can. It’s best to do this before having sex, because you’ll want to focus on your partner at that point.
- If you enjoy lingerie, match the color of your teddy or thigh highs with your magical intentions. For example, green or gold for money. Red to ignite passion.
- Next, let the night or moment unfold as it will. Focus on pleasing your partner and in turn being pleased. Revel in the moment. Don’t worry so much about your magick. You don’t want to focus so much on your spell that you forget your partner. The magick is in the energy and intimacy generated between the two of you. Also you might not reach climax if you’re constantly focusing on your magical intentions.
- The big moment here, and when you’ll push your intentions into the universe, is when you reach climax. Envision your intention like a wave or a ray of light moving down from your crown to your root chakra. Then when you reach climax, release it into the universe at the same time.
Sex Magick With Yourself
Obviously sex with yourself will be a little different than sex with a partner. All the power lies in your hands (get it?) or toys. The choice is yours. But the key is to have an intense orgasm, and if you can hold off for awhile, even better.
- Choose the right timing to align with your intentions (i.e. the waxing moon to grow your bank account, bring new love, etc.). Or choose one of the fertility sabbats like Beltane for an extra bang for your f*ck.)
- Cleanse yourself and your space (if you can) beforehand (optional) and any toys you might choose to use. This means a cleansing ritual bath or shower and also smoke-cleansing or clearing the space in which you’ll pleasure yourself.
- Next, turn on music or whatever gets you in the mood. While you’re setting up your space, visualize your intention manifesting. Or already have manifested. Hold this image as long as you can. You can say it out loud or even chant it too.
- While you masturbate, envision the power in your body melting/merging with the power of your heart and mind. See it or feel it as a divine, brilliant bright liquid building up inside of you. Once you feel the intensity of this, visualize your intentions again.
- Then as you climax, release your intention and your vision and power at the same time as your body releases.
- Your intention and energy has now burst forth from you into the world.
Magical Ways to Increase Your Libido
What if your sex drive is lacking? What if you just don’t feel the urge but you’re still interested in sex magick? There’s some magical and mundane ways to increase your libido and help attract your lover:
- For men: take ashwaganda gummies, eat more bananas and avocadoes, drink more water, exercise and raise your vibrations
- For women: drink red hibiscus tea, lavender tea, bathe in lavender, damiana, drink more water, cook and serve aphrodisiacs to your lover, exercise and raise your vibrations